About 2833 Oxford RC(Army)CC



2833 Oxford RC(Army)CC as of June 2014. 

HISTORY OF
2833 OXFORD ROYAL CANADIAN ARMY CADET CORPS

We are able to trace our origins back to 1898 when a Cadet Corps was formed at Woodstock Collegiate Institute. In 1967 the Corps left the school and was disbanded.

The Cadet Corps was reformed in 1968 under the title 2833 (A Coy 3RCR) Cadet Corps. At that time training was conducted at the armories in Woodstock. In 1972 the title was changed to 2833 Oxford Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. In 1974, Branch 55 The Royal Canadian Legion, became the official sponsor of the Corps and we have paraded at the Legion ever since.

The Legion has provided us with a place to train, a location for our offices and stores, including a new sea container for storage, and financial support. In addition to these items we have always received outstanding moral support from the executive and the members of the Branch.

We are affiliated with The Royal Canadian Regiment through the 4th Battalion. Because of this affiliation, the cadets are allowed to wear the RCR cap badge and shoulder titles. We are fortunate in that from time to time, members of the Regiment have enthusiastically assisted us with their instruction and expertise.

With the support of the Legion, the affiliated unit, the community, the parents, and most importantly with the enthusiasm of the cadets, the Corps will continue to flourish for many years to come.




THE STAFF OF 2833

Commanding Officer

 

Captain Arbuckle

Administration Officer

 

Captain Lafontaine

Training Officer

 

Captain Symons

Supply Officer

 

Captain Green

Training Assistant

 

CI Symons

Training Assistant

 

CI Wells

Training Assistant

 

CV Rice

Training Assistant

 

CV Ypma